Welcome to the Toluna New Zealand Official Blog!
What can Toluna members do on the site?
- Take Surveys! Surveys are a major part of Toluna’s online activities; if you’ve already opted-in for survey participation you can expect to receive your first email invitation shortly.
- Create polls: polls are closed questions with a predetermined number of possible answers; polls can have a single or multiple choice answers. Click here to create a poll now!
- Create opinion topics: opinion topics are open questions; members can voice their opinion in free text form. Click here to create an opinion topic!
You can embed videos from YouTube or images from any source into your polls and opinion topics- and since Toluna’s community revolves around our members’ polls, opinion topics and opinions, you can create as many as you’d like- there are no limits!
- Voice your opinion: opinions are written by members in response to an opinion topic; each member can leave one opinion on each topic.
Getting to know Toluna
In order to help you get to know Toluna there are several online resources you can use:
- The Toluna Tutorial offers comprehensive explanations on how to use the site as well as many useful tips; it is highly recommended that you take the time to review it before using the site.
- The FAQ is a great source of info; it contains answers to common questions raised by Toluna members.
- The Blog is the best way to keep up with all of the recent Toluna news and announcements; you can access it at any time using the link at the bottom of the site’s pages, or you can use the News links on the bottom of the Home Page, or you can subscribe to our RSS feed.
- Contacting Toluna: if you are not able to find the information you are looking for in any of these resources you can contact Toluna by clicking here.
What should I do first?
There are several activities we recommend you start with:
- Personal interest surveys: in these short surveys we ask that you provide some additional information about yourself; this information allows us to better customize the content on the site, and it increases your chances to be invited to surveys for which you qualify. Each personal interest survey is rewarded with 300 Toluna Points, and upon completion of all surveys you will receive a onetime bonus of 2000 points! Click here to access your personal interest surveys now, or access them at any time by using the “You” section of the navigation bar.
- Profile and account settings: update your profile pic, personal information and your account settings by clicking here; you can access these settings from the “You” section of the navigation bar at any time.
- Searching and browsing content on the site: Your interest surveys are done, your profile is ready…time to answer some polls and post some opinions! There are several ways for you to find interesting polls and opinion topics on Toluna:
- Using the Explore item in the navigation bar you can easily access recently created or popular polls and topics.
- You can also use Explore to browse content by categories; click here to view the category list.
- You can use the search window located in the upper right corner of the page.
How can I earn Toluna Points and what can I do with them?
Toluna Points are a form of virtual currency used to reward Toluna Members for various actions and activities. These points can later be redeemed as a check, reward voucher or prize draw tickets. Click here to check your points balance (your previous Your2Cents balance has been automatically imported to Toluna), or click here to redeem your points.
There are many different ways for you to earn points on Toluna:
- Content popularity bonuses are awarded to members who creat polls and opinion topics that generate a high response; for detailed explanations please refer to the Social Rewards section of the Toluna Tutorial.
- Level ascension bonuses: each Toluna member is assigned a level which reflects their content’s popularity as measured by other members of the Toluna Community (your level can be seen on the Home Page dashboard). For a detailed explanation please refer to the Social Rewards section of the Toluna Tutorial.
- Writing opinions (must be 80 words or longer, points are awarded on a monthly basis after all opinions are reviewed)
- Participating in sponsored polls
- Completing your Personal Interest Surveys (onetime bonus)
- Participating in online surveys
- Inviting friends to join Toluna
How many points will I earn for each action?
- Content popularity / level ascension bonuses: please refer to the Toluna Tutorial for details. Please note that content popularity bonuses are limited to 15,000 points per month.
- Write an opinion: 100 points (must be over 80 words, limited to 5,000 points per month).
- Sponsored Polls: 15 – 150 Points, depending on the number of questions
- Personal interest surveys: 300 points per survey. A onetime bonus of 2,000 point bonus will be awarded upon completion of all questionnaires.
- Online surveys: 3,000 – 15,000 points or more (depending on the survey’s length)
- Invite a friend: 500 points (awarded if invited friend completes advanced registration)
As you can see, there’s a lot to do and discover on Toluna; we hope you’ll enjoy the site and look forward to hearing your thoughts, comments and requests.
See you on the site,
The Toluna Team